Principles of Space Colonization
Friday, August 25, 2006 (My message number 22. I also have put more than 20 messages on my other blog "Our Spaceship Earth" http://colonizespace.blogspot.com )
Principles of Space Colonization by Goodspaceguy, a candidate for the United States Senate
* What goes into orbit should stay in orbit.
* A space station is never finished. It can always be added to, made larger, and improved.
* Recycle everything. Advance the technology of recycling.
* Women are needed in the orbiting space colonies.
* Join the individual space habitats together to start a growing space station and then a growing space colony.
* Many space habitats and space stations and orbital space colonies should be spun at a comfortable speed to create an illusion of gravity at a graduation of levels from zero gravity to lunar gravity to Martian gravity to Earth gravity.
* Surround the space habitats with one or more outer layers of enclosing outer habitats to hold layers of water and layers of air for protection from radiation in space. (Picture giant jars within even larger, enclosing jars.)
* Surround the outer space habitats with giant netting for storage and for the prevention of drifting away on space floats.
* Cover the outer hulls of space habits with hooks and handholds.
* At the highest bids, NASA should sell its space habitats to private, corporate, and institutional owners, and use the money proceeds to help finance the launch of more space habitats.
* NASA should use the power of competitive, free enterprise.
* Establish local democracy and the rule of law and order and incentive and protection of private property in the growing space stations and colonies.
* Transform the abundant solar power into electrical power and steam power.
* Mine the near Earth asteroids.
* Mine the near Earth comets.
* Use the laws that protect competitive, free enterprise.
* Use the laws that protect the individual space colonist.
(I plan on adding more principles later.)