Colonize Orbital Space

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

1957: Sputnik, the First Orbiting Satellite Begins the Space Age

* We should honor the Russian people and the people of the former Soviet Union for being the first people to orbit a human made object around the Earth. The small basketball sized metal globe was named Sputnik and was launched in October 1957 into orbit around the Earth -- almost half a century ago! The beeping of Sputnik announced to the people of Our SpaceShip Earth that the Space Age had begun.
* It is now way past the time that we Americans should have begun the establishment of the first beginning orbital colony. We have been sleeping!
* "Live long and prosper" (Star Trek) Michael Goodspaceguy Nelson

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.
This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

My web blog fashion website
Have a look at my homepage fashion today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home